Patching just stopped

Recently we decided we’d like to start capture how much effort was expanded working on our tickets. Reason being, assumptions may be that tasks may take little time when instead they may actually consume far more time, recording this would allow us to demonstrate this via PowerBi reporting.

I quickly added a time estimate field to our tickets SharePoint list and thought we were home and house. It all looked as though things were patching, then today I noticed statuses weren’t updating, weird. As soon as I removed the field from the patch statement all worked again, seemed it didn’t like having a number text entry field, it wanted it to be a text field and have that converted to a number, queue X-Files theme music.

All part of the learning curve!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.